- Remarks: There are very few places in the Hudson Valley, and definitely not in Woodstock, that have this legacy investment opportunity-- 626+ acres of pristine land. Add to that an approximately one thousand ft grass runway licensed for private use, and a large pond and it becomes a spectacular opportunity indeed! There are multiple options for the development of this ideal estate property consisting of 7 separate parcels. Upon exploration one discovers a combination of treed land, water features, meadow areas and bluestone glacial rock outcroppings all adding to the exceptionally secluded feeling of the property. The sounds of silence and nature include the call of the graceful blue heron, wild turkeys and the wind in the trees- these are the lands most obvious neighbors. It is easy to feel that you are in a remote destination only to discover the super easy access to Woodstock, Saugerties, Kingston and Hudson's abundant, vital and dynamic new lifestyles. And, there are a variety of recreational uses here- swimming, cross country skiing, canoeing, fishing, picnicking, bird watching, and camping, all this and more on the over 625 acres. This asset is not only investment-grade real estate, but offers a sporting lifestyle to be enjoyed while its new owner positions the property to meet their investment and development goals. In a world being wreaked havoc upon by climate change, the Hudson Valley is becoming a destination for climate refugees with its plentiful water, verdant land and proximity to four major airports as well as a dynamic social and business life. It is a spectacular investment- "Land, they are not making it anymore," said Will Rodgers, this is indisputable. Additionally, there are two structures. One, a boat house overlooking the pond is substantially built yet in need of attention. A mid-century modern home in another area has been abandoned. It appears to have a solid foundation but needs to be taken down to the studs and rebuilt. The "home site" is nestled in a quarry area, ready for its bluestone perimeter to be highlighted. Come to discover this incredibly private retreat property, land reserve, or high-end developers dream- the owner has explored and does have his proposed plan for a future subdivision. The property touches upon the Kingston Reservoir and Woodstock Land Conservancy lands and has access directly to Zena Road frontage as well as the main Eastwoods Drive.
- Addendum: The total acreage is comprised of 7 individual parcels. Much of the property can be accessed with curb cuts off Eastwoods Drive. Helicopter may use landing strip as well.
- MLS #: 20222303
- Zone: R
- Listing Category: Lots/land
- Type: Other
- Acreage: 626.54
- Lot: 67
- Lot Dimensions: Oo X Oo
- Improvements: Drive
- Water: Drilled Well
- Electricity: On-site
- Sewer: Septic-ingr.
- Road Frontage: County Road, Private, Dead End
- Views: Mountain, Seasonal, On-site Clear, Water
- Water Features: Pond
- Fence: Partial
- Lot Description: Adjacent To State Land, Level, Meadow, Pond, Private, Rock Outcrop, Secluded, Slope-gently, Sub Dividable, Wetland, Wooded
- Area/Town: Woodstock
- School District: Kingston Consolidated
- County: Ulster County
- Location: SUBURBAN,RURAL
- Office Name: Coldwell Banker Village Green
- Office 2 Name: Coldwell Banker Village Green
- Agent: Laurie
- Agent 2: Amy Ylvisaker Lonas
- Updated: 2022-09-28 09:37:50
View on map / Neighborhood
The data on this website relating to real estate comes from the (IDX) of the Multiple Listing Service of Ulster County. Real estate listings of brokerage firms other than Steve Hubbard Real Estate Services are marked with the IDX logo and the detailed information about them includes the listing broker's name. This information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. All information provided is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed and should be independently verified.
Copyright © by the Multiple Listing Service of Ulster County and Steve Hubbard Real Estate Services. All rights reserved.